Fujitsu, the market leader in document imaging scanners, today announcedS4i Systems, Inc., a leading electronic document automation and disk space management software provider for IBM Power™ customers, as the latest independent vendor to certify its software with the company’sPaperStream IP(PSIP) image enhancement technology. The certification of S4i SystemsDesktop Capturesolution with PSIP further expands the capabilities of the Fujitsu high-performance “fi-series” document imaging scanner line and the flexibility of Desktop Capture.
In combination withFujitsu “fi-series” scanners, PaperStream IP delivers a powerful image processing solution that allows documents to quickly and easily be converted into exceptionally clean images, giving organizations the ability maximize automation, productivity, and efficiency throughout the document capture processes. PaperStream IP is equipped with both a TWAIN and ISIS driver interface to seamlessly integrate with the myriad of scanning applications on the market today.
“PaperStream IP has far exceeded our expectations. Its image cleanup and correction allows our software to capture higher quality images in smaller, more manageable file sizes with absolutely no custom integration,” said Jon Fortner, technical support and implementation manager, S4i Systems. “PaperStream IP gives S4i Systems’ tailored solution sets for enterprise document capture and business process management a head start.”
S4i Systems helps customers simplify management of enterprise documents for greater accessibility and more efficient processing. Its Desktop Capture solution provides an easy and cost-effective way to capture and enter paper-based or online records into any content management or business system. Accounts payable and receivable documents, bills-of lading, insurance and any other work-related forms or digitized files are automatically validated, indexed and archived for later retrieval.”
“Fujitsu has a collaborative partnership with S4i Systems and is thrilled to work with them to integrate the PaperStream IP driver with Desktop Capture,” said Scott Francis, senior vice president of marketing, Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. “The S4i Systems advanced software solution combined with PaperStream IP gives their customers the most intelligent image correction solution allowing their documents to be automatically and easily converted into exceptionally clean images, as well as the ability to dramatically improve their entire document capture processes.”
Built on decades of technology refinement, PaperStream IP improves on numerous industry enhancement features while bringing many other specialized features to market such as edge repair fills, multi-stream capability for fast output of different color formats simultaneously without slowing down scans, and blur correction for smooth dot matrix print and better OCR and reproduction. Additional features of PSIP include:
- Preset Profiles:With a simple selection of black and white, color or auto-color, the driver’s defaults provide perfect images utilizing advanced features such as auto orientation, blank page removal, deskew, and hole punch removal. Setup time is also kept to a minimum.
- Assisted Scanning:In the rare instances when a document’s background is not automatically cleaned up, the Assisted Scan takes the guesswork out of document clean up by providing nine distinct cleaned up images. Users simply select the image that looks best. There is no need for technical prowess or detailed driver changes.
- Real-Time Preview:For complex documents that require their own specialized profiles, the Real-Time Preview functionality eliminates the need to rescan documents as changes are immediately made.
- Fast Scanning:Having a small usage footprint of approximately 100MB, PSIP takes advantage of the PC’s multicore processor to perform powerful cleanup without compromising throughput. PaperStream IP also provides 64-bit support for the latest generation of advanced scanning applications.
- Patch and Barcode Recognition:In conjunction with scanning applications, PSIP recognizes all of the most common patch codes including, 1-4, 6 & T, as well as both one and two dimensional barcodes such as Code 3 of 9, Code 128 and QR Code, allowing users to prepare and organize batches for faster electronic filing.