No matter the project, the ScanSnap iX1500 is the ideal scanner to help you tackle it.
Our versatile feeding technology allows you to scan all sorts and sizes of documents—from legal paperwork, to photos, to receipts, to business cards, to envelops, to large documents (larger than A4/Letter size) folded in half.
Switching from one scan mode to another is easy.
We’ll explain how to switch scan modes—and how to decide which one is best for you.
First, go to the scan window of your ScanSnap iX1500 scanner.
Now it’s time to decide which feed mode works best for you. There are three choices:
1. Normal scan
- With this mode, scanning will automatically finish when all of the loaded documents have been scanned.
- We recommend this for a straightforward scan, such as a contract that’s only a few pages long.
- Note that you will see a blue document icon on the right-hand of the screen and the home screen will be blue.
2. Continuous scan
- With this mode, scanning will continue until you press the [Finish] button.
- We recommend this for big stacks of paper—especially ones that so thick, they can’t fit into the chute (cover). Also, this mode lets you easily create a single file for your entire batch.
- Note that you will see a blue multi-document icon on the right-hand side of the screen and the home screen will be blue.
3. Manual scan
- With this mode, you can only scan one document at a time.
- We recommend this for documents that can be damaged easily, such as photographs. We also recommend it for documents with overlapped areas, such as envelopes, or large documents (larger than A4/Letter size) folded in half.
- Note that you will see a yellow document icon on the right-hand side of the screen and the home screen will be blue.
We encourage everyone to maximize their ScanSnap iX1500 by experimenting with its different modes. It is sure to save you time and help you get that next job done with greater efficiency. For more help, visit our Technical Assistance Center.